Email Jay: firstname.lastname@example.org
Jason R. Talerman, a partner in the Firm, has been practicing municipal law for nearly two decades. Jay has wide experience in a variety of municipal practice areas and serves as primary counsel for several of the Towns that the Firm represents.
Jay is well known for his expertise in Town Meeting procedures and has extensive expertise in the areas of environmental law, land use and affordable housing. He has a strong litigation background and has practiced before the Housing Appeals Committee, Appellate Tax Board, Department of Environmental Protection, District Court, Land Court, Superior Court, Appeals Court, Supreme Judicial Court, U.S. Bankruptcy Court and Federal District Court. Jay is a resident of the Town of Norfolk, where, in addition to currently serving as Town Moderator, he has served as a member on a variety of local boards and committees, including the Conservation Commission, Community Preservation Committee, Bylaw Review Committee, Council on Aging and Master Plan Committee.
Prior to joining the Firm, Jay was a partner at Kopelman & Paige, where he provided Town Counsel services to nearly a third of the cities and towns in the Commonwealth. He frequently lectures on a variety of municipal topics and served as an appointed member of the Massachusetts Housing Appeals Committee Rules Advisory Committee. Jay graduated as a Commonwealth Scholar from the University of Massachusetts with degrees in English and Communications and also attended Oxford University.
- B.A., University of Massachusetts (Amherst, Massachusetts)
- J.D., Boston College Law School (Newton, Massachusetts)
- Trinity College, Oxford University (Oxford, England)
Selected Publications and Presentations:
- Speaker, Conference of Massachusetts Building Commissioners (Annually, 2011-present)
- Featured Panelist, 2012 REBA Annual Conference
- Speech: “Planned Production Implementation,” MMA Annual Conference (2009)
- Speech: “Affordable Housing in Massachusetts,” Annual Conference of the American Planners’ Association (2006)
- Speech: “Chapter 40B Update,” CLE International Land Use Forum (2005-06)
- Speech: “Ask the Experts,” Affordable Housing Seminar (Co-sponsored by DHCD, MassHousing, CHAPA & MHP) (2004-06)
- Speech: “Housing Everyone in the Commonwealth,” Harvard University Kennedy School of Government (2003)
- “Life After 40B,” Architecture Boston Magazine (May/June 2003)
- Presenter, “Community Preservation Act,” SE and Western Mass Moderators Associations